Saturday, December 09, 2017

Sarah Silverman "Scared and Shaken" By Ex-Boyfriend Because He Flew a Flag In Front of His House, and Said He Loved America


From the Gateway Pundit:
During her monologue on Nationalism, Silverman complained that she felt “scared” and “shaken” after seeing her former boyfriend hoist an American flag in his yard. 
“I had a boyfriend many years ago, he was my first boyfriend who had his own house, and one day I went outside to see what he was doing, and he was hoisting an American flag up the flagpole in his front yard. And I instantly felt very weird. It didn’t make sense, but I felt this feeling of like, um, I felt scared – yeah, I felt scared. 
So I was like, ‘Uh, what are you doing?’ and he said, ‘Raising the flag,’ and I was like, ‘Why?’ and he’s like, ‘Um, because I love America?’ and I was like, ‘Right, right, of course.’ 
"But inside I was shaken,” Silverman recalled. 
Apparently, loving America is deeply problematic for the political activist. She went on to assert that this is because she is Jewish ... 
“I calmly walked to my car and I got inside and I called my sister Susie to tell her what happened. Now, maybe you’re thinking, ‘What do you mean what happened? Nothing happened, your boyfriend put an American flag up at his own house.’ No, you’re totally right, I had no idea why I was freaking out,” Silverman continued. “I just – I had this very visceral reaction and my sister, who knows shit because she’s a rabbi in Israel, explained to me, she was like, ‘Dude, nationalism is innately terrifying for Jews. Think about it: flags, marching, blind allegiance? These things tend to ring a bell for us.’ Right. Of course. Duh. It made sense.”

5 comments:

Kid said...

suicide is the best thing for her.

Pete Rowe said...

Flags are up on almost every block and on most private property in Israel. What is this woman talking about?

Pastorius said...

Here's my answer:

https://youtu.be/RmISVHxjcAI

Kosher Kitty said...

Good grief...as an American Jew, I find this embarrassing. Sarah and her "rabbi" sister do not speak for me. Really, Sarah? Maybe instead of lecturing your grandparents about why they should vote for Obama, you should have listened to them. They could have told you America was a haven from the screaming pogromists of Europe and the dhimmitude of the Middle East. They could have told you that America, alone among the countries of the world (well, and India) allowed us to sit under our vines and fig trees, and that no one made us afraid. I love my flag and my country. Silverman is a shanda.

Pastorius said...

Yep.